Monday, June 27, 2011

21 Days - Day One

Monday, June 27th

I've been told that if you want to develop a habit (like jogging, or making your bed) that you should consistently engage in the desired activity for 21 consecutive days. As of Day 21, voila! A habit is born. Although I have many habits I should rid myself of - picking at my cuticles, and humming "Like A Virgin" while grocery shopping, to name a few - I want to re-build my writing habit. And so, for the next 21 days I'm going to write a little something every day.

Long pause. OK, this is harder than I thought.

Top Three Giddy Joyful Events
1. Roan and Posey played in their little league ball tournaments over the weekend, and both the MudHens (Posey) and the Red Sox (Roan) were champions of the tournament. We celebrated with lots of sugar and a late movie Saturday night. Roan or Posey didn't grasp that it was pretty amazing for them to be champions when neither one of them hit or caught a ball the entire season. Ignorance bites, but innocence is bliss.

2. After purchasing a used guitar in 1999 in Utah and moving it from state to state to another state since then...I'm finally going to learn how to play the damn thing! I worked up the nerve to approach our local guitar instructor at the ball games on Saturday, and I will be his newest pupil in August. I believe that a happy home should be filled with music, and I'm hopeful that the sounds I one day produce on the guitar will be mistaken for that.

3. Our deck is almost finished! I'm amazed at how that little wooden square has transformed our home and brought us to much happiness already. We've got two lawn chairs, a garden hose full of excellent water for guzzling, and Barbies. What more do we need?

May you always be as happy as you've made me tonight. (OK, I totally stole that line from Barbara Mandrell, but I've always wanted to use it. So just work with me.)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment